This week was another fun week in Cape Verde. We have been busy as always here in the office.
Yesterday I was on a division with another Elder in a different area. We had marked to go visit an older members home to talk with them. When we walked into the house I heard scriptures and the well-known TV or soundtrack voice. I turned to the other Elder and asked, "What film are the watching?" We listened attentively for a moment and determined that she was just listening to the Book of Mormon on CD. I found out later that this woman cannot read, but she does not let her disabilities stop her, but continues to keep the commandments and be a great example for others. At the end of our "lesson" this woman starting teach us, the Elders, about things that would happen in our lives and things that we should always to to guarantee that we will follow the will of our Heavenly Father. In this moment, both myself and my companion started receiving personal revelation for ourselves. It was incredible. This older woman, sharing with us her knowledge of the gospel and the blessings that she has received helped us learn more about our lives as well. Earlier that morning we stopped by the house of a recent convert and talked with her about the importance of teaching one another and learning from one another. This experience that I had later that morning strengthened my testimony of this commandment that our Heavenly Father has given us.
I testify that we have experiences in this life that help us grow and learn more about ourselves. Our Heavenly Father loves us, and wants to to keep His commandments so that one day, we can return to His presence.
I hope that everyone is well, and encourage everyone to continue to write letters as often as time may permit.
I love you all.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment