Service.
When we see the word "service," many often think of a "service project" or some type of arduous labor. Service is something that each and every one of us has the opportunity to take part in every day of our lives. Many times our service can be visiting someone, offering our help to others, and being a kind friend and follower of Jesus Christ.
As I serve the Lord here in Cape Verde for a length of two years, it has become clearer to me every day of the importance of service, and the effect that one small act of service can have on the life of another.
I know that when we offer service to others throughout our lives, we will find greater happiness and receive many blessings from our Heavenly Father. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of service; a gospel that each one of us can share with others by our service.
I bear testimony that Jesus Christ is our perfect example that we can follow. I know that as we are in the service of those around us, we are in the service of our Heavenly Father.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment