This week I gained a stronger testimony of the importance of respecting others. Respect is a principle of the gospel that is very important. Any type of abuse, be it verbal, emotional, or physical, is something that is not in harmony with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Here in Cape Verde, unfortunately at time we see abuse. As I contemplate the effects of abuse, and the sadness it can bring to the lives of many, I think of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the power of forgiveness, love, and peace we can receive through our Savior.
I know that Jesus Christ suffered for our sicknesses and sadnesses. I know that each of us can strive to be better followers of Jesus Christ be always trying our best to follow the example of Him in all that we do, and in turn, have a positive effect on other people as well.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment