Friday, July 2, 2010

6/25/2010 Letter from Elder Joshua Shelhamer

Hello Everyone!

This week has been another fun, exciting, and HOT week here in Cape Verde.

This week we met a new friend named Josalina. She is single and in her twenties. The Sister Missionaries came in contact with her while they were talking with people throughout the week. Josalina showed up in church on Sunday and had an incredible experience. She loved the building that she was in, the wonderful words that were spoken about Jesus Christ, and more importantly, the comfort and feelings that she had. Two days later we met up with Josalina in her home to talk with her a little bit about our church and our message. As we asked her about her first experience in church, I was filled with unbearable joy as I listened to what she said. She truly found and experienced what it feels like to feel true happiness and the pure love of Christ. She felt wonderful, and looks forward to church next week. This experience taught me two lessons. One, that there are really people in the world that are prepared and ready to hear about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. And secondly, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord´s church re-established once again upon the earth. He leads His church. I have seen and experienced my self the joy that one can receive when they follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ.

I testify that He lives. Jesus Christ is our King. I know that if we follow Him, and His chosen prophets that live and guide us here on the earth, we can live eternally with Him forever.

I testify and share of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment