I love the MTC, and I am constantly learning more and more Portuguese every day. It is incredible.
I was studying the topic of "Hope" this week, and I read a very good talk given by the Second Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church. The article is called "The Infinite Power of Hope." If you have a moment, I would encourage everyone to take a look at it. The link is: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=bbd44bb52a73d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
This past Tuesday here at the Provo Utah Missionary Training Center, we had the great privilege of having an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, Elder Richard G. Scott, come and address us. I would like to share just a few of the things that he shared with us:
One of the first things Elder Scott discussed was how useful the Holy Spirit is in our work. We read Doctrine & Covenants Section 8 Verse 2 where it states that the Holy Spirit will touch our Mind and our Heart. He told us that we need to "use both, and you'll be more productive."
Elder Scott then addressed "prayer." He said, "Sometimes things are going to be so important, that we may need to pray for a long time before we receive an answer."
He then shared an experience from his life when he prayed for 12 years about something before receiving an answer.
He then talked about "Humility" and described it as being "a fertile soil that you plant seeds of effort in."
Elder Scott promised us that if we approach prayer in the right manner, and listen for answers to come to us from the Holy Spirit, we "will be led, and protected."During Elder Scott's address to us, he exercised his keys that he holds an an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, and gave us some specific special blessings.
I will share one blessing he gave us in which he stated; "As an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, I invoke a blessing of safety upon you. A shield of protection. I invoke this blessing for your benefit, in behalf of the Savior Jesus Christ." *Note, a few words may be different. I was so into the moment, that my notes may not contain the exact words, but I captured the concept and idea.*
Elder Scott shared his knowledge, as an Apostle, with the keys he holds, and the impressions that he receives, that we will be protected.Elder Scott addressed how real Satan is, but how we can overcome his temptation and power. He said, "Satan is real. He has screamed capacity to create illusion and power, but has nothing compared to the Priesthood of Jesus Christ.
Elder Richard G. Scott, as he was concluding his talk, made sure that we remember one thing. He said, "If you remember one thing from this devotional, remember that you know a person, who knows 'He is real.' He is compassionate. He is willing to strengthen us, when we know that He is real and trust in Him. The Savior of mankind lives. His atonement made possible the Plan of Salvation of our Father. Without it we would have nothing, with it, we have everything. Remember, someone who holds the mantle of the Apostleship said, "I know Him. I know He lives."Elder Richard G. Scott, along with every other Prophet and Apostle that has ever lived, testified of the reality and divinity of Jesus Christ.
Their testimonies are powerful.I want to share my personal testimony and knowledge of the Savior. I know that Jesus Christ performed the Atonement, as part of Heavenly Fathers plan, for our behalf. He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. His gospel blesses people in nations around the world. He lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment