I'm now in the phase where we are finishing our last week of classes, reviewing everything, preparing to leave, and packing.
There is a quote I like from Beryl Markham that says "If a man has any greatness in him, it comes to light not in one flamboyant moment, but during his ledger of time." A lot of times we may be quick to judge others and their goodness from our first impressions with them, and not notice the total goodness that may come from that person. Every single person, is a son or daughter of God, whose soul is of great worth. Charity, which is the pure love of Christ, is one of the attributes of Christ that we should all constantly try to develop and improve upon. This next week, when you meet someone, or deal with someone, I encourage you to think of them as a child of God, with great worth, and you will see your dealings with others will become much better.
I thank everyone for all of your letters and packages here at the Missionary Training Center. Please continue to send me letters/packages in Cape Verde. When doing so, please send them to the other addresses now. Letters now should be sent to the Salt Lake Address, and packages should be sent straight to Cape Verde. *Please also note that when sending letters to the Salt Lake Address, this is a special pouch mail service, and they will only accept "Letters." Anything else such as pictures, etc, should be sent to the Cape Verde Address.
I thank you for your prayers, thoughts, and concerns. They are all felt, needed, and appreciated. It is very comforting to know that people like yourself are there encouraging and thinking about my service along the way. Thank you. May the Lord continue to Bless you.

No comments:
Post a Comment