This week has been a week of new beginnings for many. For me it has been a new beginning to serve in a new area. For many of the people we encountered, it has been a new beginning of following Christ. For all of us, it has been a new beginning of a brand new year.One thing that I experienced this past week was the blessing of sharing with people how to gain faith in Jesus Christ.
In the Book of Mormon, Alma 37:27-37, we learn that experimenting on the word of God brings true conversion. Many people that I am currently teaching are in the process of finding renewed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. My faith has been tested and proven this week as I helped people, one by one, understand how our loving Heavenly Father communicates with us, and how we, as His children can gain more faith in Him and His son through studying the scriptures and communicating with Him through prayer. What an experience it is to meet someone new, share with them the knowledge and testimony of the things that you know to be true, and watch a seed of faith be planted in their hearts. I am very excited to see these "seeds" that I have planted this week grow and strengthen into a steadfast and sure testimony that Christ lives and that His gospel has been restored.
I know that as we are willing to learn more about our Heavenly Father and His plan that he has for our lives, and communicate with Him daily through prayer, our faith within us can grow to limits that we might even think is not possible. I testify that Jesus Christ came to earth to atone for our Sins and teach the way and the path that leads to eternal life. Of these things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
To learn more about how you can find Faith in Jesus Christ visit the site http://lds.org/topic/faith-jesus-christ/index.html .

No comments:
Post a Comment