Monday, January 10, 2011

1/10/2011 Letter from Elder Joshua Shelhamer


This week has been an exciting week as I celebrated my 21st birthday here in Cape Verde. It was a great day spent with my friends while learning many new things in a missionary conference.

As I celebrated my birthday and taught people about the gospel of Jesus Christ this week I thought about the importance of "today" and how I and others need to focus on the things of today, and not wait until tomorrow to do our best. I remember hearing the words of Marvin J. Aston, former member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, when he stated:
"To live more fully each hour and to glean the most from each day is wisdom. How unwise we are to waste our today's when they determine the significance of our tomorrows. We should wisely live a day at a time because that is all we have."

How true these words are in showing the importance of striving our best to be who we can today. I know that Savior Jesus Christ taught principles that help us become better every day of our lives. As we try to become more like Him, we become more perfected through the gospel. I am thankful for my parents and my brother who in the past 21 years of my life have been an example for me so that I am able to be who I am today. It is my prayer that each of us can remember the importance of today, and always try to be our best now to be an example for others. I leave you with this words, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment