Day 1 on the Island of Sal, Cape VerdeYesterday, the 26th of December, I arrived here on the Island of Sal. The trip here was very neat because our plane had a stop on the island of Maio. There are currently no missionaries serving on the island of Maio and so it was a special opportunity to be able to stop there.
We arrived here in Sal around 7:00pm and headed to our house to leave our suitcases. We left right away to go out and pass some of our friends and we were blessed to encounter the Branch President first. We talked to him for a little and he accompanied us in our other visits with the members. I already love the Branch President here, and I know he will help us out a lot. We visited some of the members last night and received a bunch of referrals from them which will be a great help for us in finding and teaching the family and loved ones of the members.
Sal is a different world compared to Praia (the area I came from). There are less people, less dogs, less noise, less trash, less cars,...it is pretty nice. I am very excited to serve here on the island of Sal.
I know that the Savior Jesus Christ came to earth to fulfill the will of our Heavenly Father in saving the souls of all those who hearken unto His voice and keep His commandments. I am very thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and the joy and happiness I have every day as I serve my King. I testify that He lives and that He loves us, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Joshua Shelhamer
We arrived here in Sal around 7:00pm and headed to our house to leave our suitcases. We left right away to go out and pass some of our friends and we were blessed to encounter the Branch President first. We talked to him for a little and he accompanied us in our other visits with the members. I already love the Branch President here, and I know he will help us out a lot. We visited some of the members last night and received a bunch of referrals from them which will be a great help for us in finding and teaching the family and loved ones of the members.
Sal is a different world compared to Praia (the area I came from). There are less people, less dogs, less noise, less trash, less cars,...it is pretty nice. I am very excited to serve here on the island of Sal.
I know that the Savior Jesus Christ came to earth to fulfill the will of our Heavenly Father in saving the souls of all those who hearken unto His voice and keep His commandments. I am very thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and the joy and happiness I have every day as I serve my King. I testify that He lives and that He loves us, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Joshua Shelhamer

No comments:
Post a Comment