This past weekend we had the great privilege and opportunity to listen to counsel given by church leaders and authorities during the General Conference of the church. What a great weekend it was.
Here in Cape Verde the chapels do not yet have satellites to receive live transmission of General Conference. In some areas in the past, some branches have watched General Conference through an Internet connection. Here in the area I am serving in, they are accustomed to watch two or three talks the weekend after General Conference in Sacrament Meeting. This year, with some preparation and planning, The branches here in Praia were able to assist every conference session. It was an inspiring experience to prepare for this conference and help everyone here hear the words of the prophets and apostles and other church leaders. The attendance at the conference sessions here was surprising. Many were taught and instructed by the spirit and left with a renewed desire to always keep the commandments and do our Heavenly Fathers will.
I am so grateful for the love our Heavenly Father shows for each of us. The words of the living prophets help us day to day to do what is right and help others do the same. I testify of the Savior Jesus Christ and His redeeming sacrifice performed on our behalf. I encourage everyone to check out the church´s newly designed website at www.new.lds.org to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I leave you with these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment