Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8//13/2010 Letter from Elder Joshua Shelhamer

This week was an incredible week as I witnessed the blessings of the gospel in our lives.
I am currently teaching a man that lives by himself in a room that is just a little bit bigger than his bed. He is a great man that consults broken electronics. I am currently helping him learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. As he began to learn about Jesus Christ and His gospel, he quickly gained a desire to be baptized. He has a goal to be baptized on the 28th of August. This week we were talking with him about the "Law of Health" that the Lord has revealed through the modern day prophet Joseph Smith called "the Word of Wisdom." The next visit he shared an experience with us that during that week, one of his good friends invited him to go out with him to some bars to have fun. This man told us, "Elder, I had already made my decision, I will not go." This mans confidence in the Lord of the promised blessings he will receive in following the Lords commandments is a great example that each of us can follow in our lives. I was happy to see the gospel touching and blessing the life of this man as he strives to follow the teachings of his Savior Jesus Christ.
I know that God is our Heavenly Father. He loves us and cares for us. One of the loving ways that he does this is through giving us commandments that we can following to merit his blessings.
I know my Father lives, and testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment