This week was an exciting week filled with many things to complete in the mission office along with many people to help.
Today, we went on an office trip to the other side of the Island of Santiago called Tarrafal. It was a lot of fun. We spent some time on the beach, and also visited a tunnel/cave in which we passed through. As we passed through this tunnel, it was dark, and the 2 flashlights that we had were barely sufficient to guide the way through. Halfway through the tunnel, one of my sandals that I was wearing broke. I started walking barefoot. I hit my head off the top of the cave once when the height suddenly changed. I had some difficult moments passing through this cave, and near the end, without any sign of light, was hoping that the end was near. As we finished this journey, I pondered about this experience and how this same type of experience like I was experiencing, many people around the world are experiencing, spiritually. Some times in life, we have dark moments, or times when we just doing really know why, how, or who cares. We have days when everything seems to be going wrong, and we feel along in a large world. In life, these experiences can be fixed; peace, happiness and hope can be found in and through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that all of the experiences we encounter in life are meant for our benefit, and that as we act, using our agency, we can show great love for our Father in Heaven and feel his merciful love in our lives. Jesus Christ is the light of the world, and a light that can guide our lives, if we permit him to. Troubles, weaknesses, and sadness can be overcome with happiness, strength, and success, as we live according to the teachings of Christ.
As one of His servants, I testify of the love of Christ available for everyone. Jesus is our Savior, and in saying this, I mean to say that we can be saved through His sacrifice and ultimate expression of love that we showed for each of us when he took upon himself our sadness, pain, and sins.
I invite everyone to come to Christ, and to look to Him in those moments of darkness and troubles, and as you do so, I know that you will begin to feel his abundant love in your lives.
Today, we went on an office trip to the other side of the Island of Santiago called Tarrafal. It was a lot of fun. We spent some time on the beach, and also visited a tunnel/cave in which we passed through. As we passed through this tunnel, it was dark, and the 2 flashlights that we had were barely sufficient to guide the way through. Halfway through the tunnel, one of my sandals that I was wearing broke. I started walking barefoot. I hit my head off the top of the cave once when the height suddenly changed. I had some difficult moments passing through this cave, and near the end, without any sign of light, was hoping that the end was near. As we finished this journey, I pondered about this experience and how this same type of experience like I was experiencing, many people around the world are experiencing, spiritually. Some times in life, we have dark moments, or times when we just doing really know why, how, or who cares. We have days when everything seems to be going wrong, and we feel along in a large world. In life, these experiences can be fixed; peace, happiness and hope can be found in and through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that all of the experiences we encounter in life are meant for our benefit, and that as we act, using our agency, we can show great love for our Father in Heaven and feel his merciful love in our lives. Jesus Christ is the light of the world, and a light that can guide our lives, if we permit him to. Troubles, weaknesses, and sadness can be overcome with happiness, strength, and success, as we live according to the teachings of Christ.
As one of His servants, I testify of the love of Christ available for everyone. Jesus is our Savior, and in saying this, I mean to say that we can be saved through His sacrifice and ultimate expression of love that we showed for each of us when he took upon himself our sadness, pain, and sins.
I invite everyone to come to Christ, and to look to Him in those moments of darkness and troubles, and as you do so, I know that you will begin to feel his abundant love in your lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment