Monday, January 4, 2010

12/21/2009 Letter from Elder Joshua Shelhamer

This past week has been a week full of many wonderful things.
One thing that I really noticed during this past week, is the power and truthfulness of the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

As I Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ here in Cape Verde, I am never surprised when our message, the message of God's Love for His children, changes the lives of many people.

This past week as we were teaching a house of 4 young men between the ages of 14-19, we had a wonderful lesson about some of the commandments that our Heavenly Father has given us to follow. The presence of the Holy Spirit was strong, and the messages was clear. Every time we teach a lesson, one of the most important parts of our visits is the end, when we ask our investigators, our friends, if they have any questions for us. During this visit our friends had many questions between what they have already learned about the Gospel in their Church and what we were teaching them. With the many different religions today, there is much confusion about plain and simple gospel truths. With the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, these confusions and questions are clear and answered.

As our friends began to ask us many questions about "Why does the Bible say..." or "Why do most people think..." and "Why does my church say...," we answered their questions accordingly, clearly, and simply. The one thing that was continuous in our answers was "The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ" and how once they gained a testimony, and knew without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, all of their questions would quickly and easily be resolved. The Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ as Savior, Redeemer, and King. The Book of Mormon clarifies truths of the Gospel that are not clearly noted in the Bible. Surely, the Holy Bible, and the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ contain the fullness of the Gospel.

I testify and know without any doubt, that the Book of Mormon contains Words of God; teachings of prophets anciently that we can still apply and use in our daily lives. I know the God Lives, and Jesus is the Christ.

Christmas is a wonderful time of the year filled with many joyful things. As I am here in Cape Verde, experiencing my first Christmas away from home, I am reminded of the many blessings that our Loving Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I am so very thankful for my family and friends who I love and care for greatly. I hope that everyone enjoys a wonderful Christmas full of Joy and Happiness.

I would highly encourage everyone to check out this wonderful website with many great things about Christmas. ( http://www.lds.org/topic/christmas ) This site contains great videos, music, ideas, and resources about the Christmas Season.

From my heart, with Love, MERRY CHRISTMAS! ( Feliz Natal! )

No comments:

Post a Comment