Monday, January 4, 2010

1/04/2010 Letter from Elder Joshua Shelhamer

This week is the first week of the new year, 2010. Wow. As they new year begins, one thing that I have been thinking about lately, is goals for this year. In our personal lives, we have many things to accomplish. School, work, and family take a lot of our time, and somethings we find ourselves saying "There just isn't enough time in a day."
Having a goal, or a desire to do something, along with a final result in mind, helps us to progress and accomplish things more easily.
When we think of "goals" we may begin to think about how much weight we want to weigh, what we want to do with our education or work, and other things of other subjects. One thing we may sometimes pass by and not think so much about is our spiritual life. What about the goals that will affect our spiritual progress. Some ideas for spiritual goals might be, our prayers, our reading of the Holy Scriptures, or even the time we spend with our family.
I know without a doubt, that when we make goals, we will progress and find much more success in our lives.
Missionary Work is going forth with full force here in Cape Verde, and I am enjoying every minute of it. This past week my Branch had a huge New Year's Eve party for the members, and they were nice and brought and shared some food with us in our house. With the beginning of this New Year, I see a lot of time ahead of me, a blessing, that I look forward to with all of my heart.
I know that Jesus is the Christ; our Savior and Redeemer. I love and thank everyone for their support as I serve here in Cape Verde.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment