
Another transfer has come and gone. I have now been transferred, and am now serving on a different Island, São Vicente. I served on the Island of Fogo for three transfers with Elders Nobrega, Chun, and Almeida, and enjoyed my time there very much. I am now serving in the area of Monte Ssosego Norte Mindelo in Mindelo Branch 2. São Vicente is different from Fogo, but I am sure I will adjust soon.
My last few weeks in Fogo, we starting teaching three brothers about the gospel of Jesus Christ. They were great kids, and loved each time we visited, but it was always the younger brother that seemed to have the most excitement every time we talked about the gospel. Every time we would teach a lesson and invite them to do something, this little boy was overly excited and just couldn't sit still in his chair. His excitement for the gospel was something that just made he overly happy, so see a young boy so excited about following his Heavenly Father's plan. We invited him to attended a baptism service of someone else that was being baptized, we invited him to come to church with us on Sunday, and many other things, and every time, he replied and acted with a smile on his face and great joy in his heart. Being "excited" about the gospel is a wonderful thing. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a plan of happiness for everything, and when I see people "excited" about the gospel, it makes me have the desire to be even more excited myself, and surely helps me recognize the many blessings in my life.
This past week here in São Vicente, I was pleased to meet many of the members and our friends here in the area. They are humble and happy people, all who are learning more about Jesus Christ. During our lessons with many of these people, I could easily see in their responses and appearance that they recognized us, as missionaries, as "True Messengers" of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyday it is a blessing to serve my Heavenly Father, and help others find the blessings which I enjoy in my life. I know that Christ lives, and that Heavenly Father is always ready to listen and respond to our prayers. Until next week...
For more information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visit http://www.mormon.org/

No comments:
Post a Comment