One thing that I have really pondered about this week is the importance and love of Families. When we (Missionaries) teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, one of the things that we are sure to teach about is the importance and significance of families in our lives. I love this principle. I have found this week, that as I taught about Families, and how important families are to us, I felt the Holy Spirit testify to me with great influence that this is indeed true. When I teach about Families, I love to tell people how important my family is to me, and share with them, how much I love my family. I have a strong testimony that Families are ordained of our Loving Heavenly Father. ( See www.lds.org/family )
I love the food of Cape Verde. Basically our Food here consists of Fish, Rice, Beans, and Vegetables. There is also a special Cape Verdean dish called "CaChupa" that I really love to eat.
This past week I had the great privilege to baptize two wonderful people. A girl that the Sister Missionaries were teaching, as well as someone that I taught, Jorge. Jorge was a referral that we received about a month ago from a family member. We met Jorge, and started teaching him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As we taught Jorge, he continued to learn more about the teachings of Jesus Christ, and agreed to live his life in harmony with gospel principles. It was an incredible experience to meet, teach, and baptize one of Heavenly Fathers children, and help them come closer to their Savior Jesus Christ.
I would like to give one quick piece of advice to all of my family and friends about Missionaries. Most people know that Missionaries travel around and teach about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I would like to extend a personal invitation to all of my friends and family, to accept the invitation to listen to what the Missionaries have to say. When an Elder or a Sister Missionary knocks on your door, or invites you to listen to their message, listen and do so. The choice to accept our message or not is yours, but I can say with all of my heart, that me listening to the messages that the Missionaries taught me, changed my life.
I know that Jesus Christ took upon himself the sins of the world, and that we can return to our Heavenly Home and live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again after this life.
I thank everyone for all of your prayers and thoughts. Heavenly Father surely watches over and protects his fellow servants, the Missionaries.

No comments:
Post a Comment