Another week has come and gone here in Cape Verde, and the work of the Lord continues to progress.
This week was my first week together with my companion, Elder Rosell, and we had a great week. One thing that I gained a greater knowledge of during this past week was the amount of love that our Heavenly Father has for every one of His children. During my studies as I studied and words of our prophets and the scriptures, I encountered many things that help me understand more deeply the great love that our Father has for us. As a full-time missionary, serving as a representative of Christ, I witness and feel His love daily.
One thing I am thankful for in my life are the many examples I have. First, the example of Christ. Jesus Christ is our perfect example. He is someone that each of us can always follow in our lives while having complete confidence that we are doing the right things. Also, I am thankful for the words and counsel of our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He is a man that I know is called of God, to be our prophet on the earth today. I have complete confidence in the counsel of our prophet because I know that when we follow the words of the prophet, we are surely following the words and will of our Father. One example very special in my personal life is the example of my parents. As I grew up in my family, I was always taught and instructed by my parents to do those things that we right. My mother and my father helped me with many things, and got me involved in many great organizations and activities. Without the good example of my Mother and Father, my life would be different. Each and every one of us have this responsibility of being an example in our own lives. We may not always know it, but there is always someone that is watching is, and learning of our ways. I know that I am an example to people whom I may not even know, and I know the same is true of everyone, that our examples have great impacts of the lives of many.
I would just like to leave my testimony of our living prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. With all of my heart, I testify that this man is a man called of God. He is real. He is a prophet. He continues to guide the church of the Lord in the right direction according to the will of the Father. I have complete faith and confidence, that as we place our faith in the words and counsel of our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, we will be solid and firm on gospel ground.
I thank everyone for their prayers on my behalf, and leave these words in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment