Monday, March 15, 2010

3/15/2010 Letter from Elder Joshua Shelhamer

This week was a difficult week. We worked very hard, but the success and fruits of our labor were not being seen clearly by us. We continued to work our best. At times here in the mission, when I am talking to a person on the street, or teaching about a gospel principle, I can feel the Holy Spirit testifying in my heart of the truthfulness of what is being said.

One experience in particular this week was when we were talking to a man named, Cesar. He is one of our friends, and we stop by often to teach him about the gospel. This week I asked him a straight forward question, "Cesar, do you believe that Jospeh Smith was a prophet of God?" He responded, "Yes Elder, I do." I continued and then asked him "Why do you believe, Cesar, that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God?" At this moment the presence of the Holy Spirit was strong, as he then continued to say, "Because I prayed about it, and now know for sure that Joseph Smith was a prophet."

I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I cannot deny my testimony that I have developed of the truthfulness of this message. I also know that we can receive confirmations from the Holy Spirit, to develop our own testimonies of gospel truths.

I invite everyone that reads this blog, who are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to learn about our message, and to find out for yourselves how the gospel of Jesus Christ as restored to the earth today.

I know that these things are true, and I pray that all of my family and friends continue to search for true happiness in their lives, that is, the happiness that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Brother and Sister Shelhamer,

    I wrote Joshua the other week and gave him what I thought was my new address but things have changed. Can you give him my new address so I can get his letter. It's
    P.O. Box 52
    Centerville, UT 84101

    -Ellie Murphy

    ReplyDelete