This week was an incredible week as we were all greatly inspired by the words of our Prophet, Apostles, and other church leaders.
As we viewed General Conference this past week via Internet broadcast, we were all greatly edified. We went to a church chapel that is located in the city here in Mindelo. On the second floor the General Conference was available for all of the church members to come and enjoy in Portuguese. One the lower floor we were able to view General Conference in English. It was an incredible blessing.
One of the main points that many of our church leaders were inspired to speak about was the importance and love of families. As I sat and listened to the counsel given by our Prophet and Apostles along with other church leaders, I was lead to think about my family, and how important they are to me. Ever since I can remember, my family has always been a family of love, people who care for me and are always there for me. As we received counsel from our church leaders about our families, my love for my family was burning within my heart.
I know that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ truly and surely blesses families. Of this statement of truth, I have no doubt. The joy contained within a family when based on gospel sod is miraculous.
As a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, during this Easter Season I also can share my testimony that I know He lives. He loves us. He desires our happiness during this life, and in the life to come. I testify with all of my heart that Thomas S. Monson is an inspired man of God; he is the Lords prophet on the earth today.
I invite everyone to listen to the wonderful talks given by our church leaders about families, and the importance of them in our lives. I know that as each one of us apply the teachings of the Prophets and Apostles in our lives, we will surely be blessed by our Father in Heaven.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment