Sunday, March 6, 2011

1/31/2011 Letter from Elder Joshua Shelhamer

This week I was given the opportunity to speak in church about trials and how we are refined through our trials. My message was based on the message from the First Presidency of the Church in February 2006.

All of us pass through trials in our lifes; loved ones pass on, sickness comes, and we experience difficult challenges in our lives. Sometimes we just ask our God; why me? The gospel of Jesus Christ, the teachings of the Savior, is a message of sure hope, peace, and comfort in our lives.

Last night I visited a friend that is learning more about Jesus Christ and His teachings, and to our surprise we found that she is passing through a very rough time in her life. Family problems, financial problems, and emotional problems just to name a few. As we testified of the Savior´s love and prayed together, the spirit of the Lord filled the room, and tears came to all.

I testify of the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and His great message of love for all. I leave you my testimony of these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment